Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Pros and Cons

Things to be sad about
  • The evil Bianconeri suits fired Ciro
  • The Bianconeri have lost ten of their last twelve matches, bombed out of both UEFA Champions League and the Coppa Italia, and have sunk to sixth in the table.  Gigi wants out, the big summer signings aren't working out, all the competent strikers are broken, both of the excellent wingers are broken, there is no competent defensive midfielder on the squad, ADP is showing his age (not that he can get any service), and the only reliable bright light anywhere is Gio.
  • Mr. Kitchen Aid mixer is dead.
  • My body can no longer process carbohydrate, but I don't want to eat meat because I have been trying to be a vegetarian again.
  • The Man has a cold.
  • Bossboy is retiring in 28 days and I will be all alone.
  • The dogwalker is leaving us and Kirby will have to adjust all over again.

Things to be happy about
  • My cyber friends love me, even though they are Inter fans.  They've been passing me cyber-tissues, making me cyber-tea, pouring me cyber-drinks, and giving me cyber-hugs all weekend as I try to process the footie-related bad news.
  • It turns out that there is a guy at work who knows footie.  There is actually someone in real life besides The Man to whom I can complain about Cristiano Ronaldo's cha-cha, and they understand what I'm talking about.  His in-laws follow Mexico, so now I'm definitely making an El Tri WCS.
  • Bean 2.0 is going to be a boy child.  it would have been good news if he were going to be a girl child, but still
  • I have a generous gift certificate to spend here, and I'm pretty sure that this yarn in the heavy weight will work nicely for a cardigan I have planned.
  • It snowed yesterday, about 5-6 inches, way more than expected.
  • I hit a new Bunny record on the treadmill this week.
Things that it would be ungracious to be happy about, so I'll just say I told you so.
  • John Terry is embroiled in scandal.  I sometimes take an immediate and visceral dislike to someone I've just met for no particular reason.  It frequently happens that the person turns out to be a complete douche.  I have a bit of a talent for figuring out the bad apples in the bunch on instinct, probably because I can smell bullshit, horseshit, and chickenshit from a mile away.  Now John Terry is not someone who I have met in person.  He is an English football player, captain of Chelsea FC (the most evil football club on Planet Earth) and captain of the English national team as well.  From the beginning, I have despised him.  I think he's a dirty player who gives out cheap and dangerous fouls, and he's a whiny bitch on the pitch.  Most of the rest of the world adores him, but I hate him.  He is reportedly cheating on his wife with the long-term girlfriend of his best friend, also a beloved English footie player on the national team.  He is being booed everywhere, and may lose his England captaincy.  I say what do you expect from a guy who remarked about his long-anticipated overthetop wedding, "Thank fuck that's over." 

this post powered by schadenfreude

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karmic justice indeed for Mr. Terry, and vindication of your sharp instincts! And schadenfreude, although it may be cynical to say so, is among the best freude there is!

Anonymous said...

Oh no; not the Kitchen Aid Mixer!!!

Where is my black arm band?

Anonymous said...

The press is reporting that Terry's girl friend is being offered 250,000 pounds to tell her side of the story for the tabloids. Not bad a few nights efforts.

Anonymous said...

Terry out as English captain, Rio in!

Dirtbunny said...

Don't forget. If Wayne Bridge's babymama is a ho, John Terry is a ho too. Here's a quote from Artur Boruc's Friday Rage List, published weekly on Dirty Tackle:


OHMYGOD I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!! WAYNE BRIDGE GOT INVOLVED WITH SOMEONE WHO ALREADY SLEPT WITH HALF OF THE CHELSEA SQUAD THEN HE'S SHOCKED THAT THE OTHER HALF SLEPT WITH HER AFTER THEY BREAK UP?!?!?! PLUS EXACTLY 112% OF FOOTBALLERS CHEAT ON THEIR WIVES!!!!!! THAT'S A SCIENTIFIC FACT!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH I HOPE ENGLAND HAVE TO NAME PRINCE CHARLES AS THEIR CAPTAIN SO I CAN LAUGH AT THE IRONY!!!!!!!!!!

It's almost as juicy as Jenny Sanford's new memoir.