Monday, September 6, 2010

Lame Yarn Post

I am in the black hole of knitting.  I knit and knit and knit and nothing much happens.  I've been working on pretty much all of my projects for at least two months and I have very little to show for any of it. Except these:



These are the Scottish Highland socks.  Mindless monkey knitting featuring STR.  No big deal.


I started a pair of socks for my sister-in-law in July.  I finished the first one this morning, but only after forcing myself to hunker down.  This is where I was before the weekend:



Now this right here, this is the big time suck:



Hm.  In the photo, you can actually see the pattern.  In real life, it's just a pile of fuzzy grey stuff that is lace and therefore, ALL TOGETHER NOW, looks like ass.  I can't believe I'm only halfway through.

Oops.  I forgot this:


Hm.  OK now that cheers me up. Nice lace, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you going to stop posting pictures of biscotti and start offering some to your loyal readers?

Anonymous said...

Nice fresh backgroung on your web page. I like it.