Thursday, December 6, 2007

Snow Day

We were supposed to get a light dusting of snow, maybe 1-2 inches. Instead, we got four inches. Me, I love snow. It's pretty and I'm not afraid of it. Not so much everyone else here in Suburbia. We don't normally get a lot of snow in a year, and we don't do a good job of managing snow removal, and none of us can drive in good weather, so........
But we were only going to get 1-2 inches. At 5:30 pm yesterday, when The Man and I had finished our work at home day, The Man sez he's going to the dry cleaners to pick up his shirts. I sez, since you're going out anyway and the chicken I got out of the freezer for dinner is still frozen solid, why dontcha pick up some dinner as well. So The Man clears the front walkway and moseys down to the car without a jacket because this is only going to take ten minutes and the streets are barely even wet.
The Man gets home at 9:30. He has been out there without a coat and with a nearly-dead cellphone battery and there are four inches of snow on the ground. The Man was in an accident when he encountered someone coming at him in the wrong lane, and then while dealing with the aftermath of that, he got rear-ended. At the very, very end of it all, after the other drivers had long gone and The Man is getting ready to come home, he gets hassled by the fuzz for allegedly leaving the scene of the accident, although that ended up coming to nothing. No one is hurt, happily, and the car is drivable, although it's parked on the flat part of the road down the block and I haven't seen it.
The Man is not a happy boy. Today, we decided to stay home. He's going to deal with the insurance company, and I'm going to try to, what's that word? neuter? oh, nurture him. This is not one of Bunny's strong points, but he needs it so I'm gonna give it a go. Crap, I guess I'm going to have to be good all day.
I still love snow:

No comments: