Thursday, January 17, 2008

More on Birthdays

I've had a lot of bad birthdays.
  • There was the year my brother knocked my birthday cake off the counter. Mom dusted off the chunks and plopped them on a plate. No sense trying to frost it.
  • There was the year I caught my hair on fire trying to blow out birthday candles. I discovered my hair was on fire when my father started beating me upside the head for no reason I could imagine. What the.....? My hair recovered.
  • There was the year I did not take the day off work and a crazy person called me and blessed me out based on bullshit and it later became another instance in which I got sued for doing my job.
  • There was the year The Man went to teach at PBU at the last minute and I was alone.
  • There was the year The Man utterly and completely forgot my birthday and I didn't even get a card from my parents until the next day.
But this year is a good birthday. This is what I had for breakfast:



Fresh homemade cinnamon rolls. OK, leftover from Christmas and carefully preserved in the freezer since then, but they were warm and delicious. Plus,

  • I am NOT at work, and am probably not going to get sued for anything that happens today. Probably.
  • I hit the clearance racks at the mall and got three pairs of pants, a shirt, and some unmentionables for eighty bucks.
  • Because the teens and tweens are in school, it was safe to go to Sephora and I got some new eye pencils.
  • I went to Glutton Place and bought myself some chocolates and something good for dinner and a birthday cake and some overpriced french butter cookies because I liked the tin.
  • Unbeknownst to me, The Man had already procured a birthday cake for me yesterday through deceit and trickery. This means I have a chocolate birthday cake and an emergency back-up chocolate birthday cake.

But best of all, I have birthday snow.



Hee hee hee hee. I can't stop looking out the window and giggling. Hee hee. Here's our street when I left to go out:


And here's the yard now:


Hee hee hee hee.

That's it for today people. I have some yarn to play with, and some beagles to cuddle, and a fire to enjoy, and a bottle of champagne with my name and age on it.

No comments: