Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Bummer of a Day

Some days, Dirtbunny has to fight to find any inspiration she can. It has been a slow day of bran not working. I meant BRAIN not working. See what I mean? Sigh.

We are seriously freezing here. The house is drafty and the heating system is substandard and around about now the winter has settled into the bones of the house and it will stay there until April. Around about March, we'll be opening windows at night to get warm. Seriously. My feet are never warm and my cheeks are always pink. Plus, usually I get off on firing people who really really deserve it, which is one of the things they pay me to do at the Teeny Tiny Government Entity, but not so much lately. Aaaaaannnnnnddddd......the cable keeps timing out so I can't watch Coppa Italia today. Grrrr.

Only one thing can cheer me up: CALCIO! And therefore, I bring you FC Dirtbunny. Today, Dirtbunny calls up Real Madrid striker and former Spanish international Raul. (Yeah. We can't do what are they called diacritical marks? on Blogger. Consider his name properly accented.)

Here are the reasons that I choose to share.


Reason Number 1: He is the all-time leading scorer in Champions League. Surely he is assisted in this matter by playing his entire senior career for a team that routinely goes to Champions League, but still. To paraphrase Kurt Flood, those other guys are major leaguers too, so give them credit. It's an amazing achievement for a guy who is only 31 years old.



Reason Number 2: Sometimes after Sergio Ramos scores a goal for the Merengues, Raul and Sergio kiss on the lips. Grown, heterosexual men smooching on the lips is not something you see much in American sports (nor would you want to, mostly, allowing of course that every pot has its lid, etc. [tangent: maybe someday I'll present to you my monologue on the homoeroticism of American Football. But not today]). The whole smoochy-smoochy thing has secured Raul the honor of an early call-up to serve his Dirtbunny.

Reason Number 3:




Who can argue with that? See? You don't need an offensive hairdo to stand out from the crowd. Understated class is the way to go.


And now off I go to try to salvage something from this big frozen waste of a day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bran instead of brain, huh? Somebody needs to clam down, or it's the bum boat for you!

Sounds like the NFL monologue will be one for the ages, lol

Anonymous said...

Guess my comment got eated. Bran=brains, huh? Sounds like someone needs to clam down, or they're going to have to go on the bum boat! Mr. Raul is fine the way he is, even if he's not a vampire-mutant-shadow-god like Messi. By the way, that tuna noodle casserole quote was a low blow. Sniff!