Wednesday, February 17, 2010

She's Such a Sap

Ima sitting here working (am too!  Do the words Wilkey-Marzin mean anything to you?  What about F.3d?)  and I've got my IPod doing a random sweep through my songs and so forth, and I musta loaded a Peter Paul and Mary album or something.


OK.  I did load a Peter Paul and Mary album.  I like them.  I like their earnest 60s hippie liberal thing and their Woody Guthrie covers and their pinko peacenik anti-war anthems and their singalongs with kids (especially the zoo one).  And even when I looked it up and confirmed that they were singing about the Bell of FREE-DOM and not FREE-LOVE (duh), it did not diminish my admiration.  I don't care if they are not very popular.  I did it.  I did it on purpose.

So anyhoo, what should come up on the rotation but "Puff The Magic Dragon."  And I started bawling.  Poor Puff!  Abandoned by Jackie Paper!  No longer going to play along the Cherry Lane!  Slowly slipped inside his cave!  *sob*  I'm going to have to take a break to compose myself.



this post compelled by Clarabelle and fueled by hypoglycemia 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monty looks a little patronizing, like he can't believe Looca said something that stupid and he's composing in his mind a tactful response.