Sunday, June 7, 2009

FC Dirtbunny update

So yesterday, a team of Azzurri juniors and second-stringers met Northern Ireland in an international friendly. The Azzurri won handily 3-nil on goals by, well, it's a long story.



1. One goal by Rossi, the Azzurri from Teaneck, NJ who plays in Spain. His Jersey-ness detracts from his Azzurri-ness every time they mention it, which they do a lot, since they are broadcasting to an American audience and assume that we will love him more if they keep harping on the fact that he's not Italian. He is a good player however, only that is bad for ADP because he plays the same position as ADP.



2. One goal by Foggia, who is evil because he plays for Lazio, which is evil because it is the most fascist team in Italy. And by that, I do not mean, woah Man your bogus rules are fascist. I mean fascist as in political fascists, the party of Mussolini, and proud of it. Also, Lazio beat the Bianconeri twice in the Coppa Italia.



3. One goal by Serge Pelissier, who scored a hat trick against the Bianconeri for the Flying Donkeys. Despite myself, I find myself liking the donkeys even though the Bianconeri should have beaten them.







I have three other things to say about the game.



1. Rino played. He is coming off a long injury. God how I love him! Watching him scramble around the pitch made my heart all warm and happy.





2. How pretty is Federico Marchetti anyway and how come I haven't noticed him before?


3. Fabi's new sideburns are an abomination, even by Italian standards. I hereby sentence him to tonsorial rehab. He can continue to train with the Dirtbunnies but he gets no playing time and can't sit next to me on the bench until he gets his facial hair sorted out. It hurts me to have to impose discipline, but some things are just flat-out unacceptable.




The Azzurri have another friendly this week against New Zealand, and then they start the confederations cup next week, at which point the seniors will presumably play, although not ADP, because Marcello Lippi is an idiot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet Giuseppe doesn't introduce HIMSELF as hailing from Teaneck, since he views himself as Italian, so I officially cut him slack.

Anonymous said...

You should change the name of your team from FC Dirtbunny to Pisano United.