Wednesday, July 29, 2009

24 Days "Til Serie A Season Opener

...but my suffering has temporarily abated because we now have THE PRE-SEASON including Bianconeri in the Peace Cup (they've advanced to the semifinals!) Aaaaaand the FIGC has posted the 2009-2010 fixture list, so I can start planning. First up, Flying Donkeys, who beat the zebras last time behind a hat trick by Serge Pelissier. I spose we'll have to go to the wine shop soon. We have plenty of cheap yummy red, and plenty of fancy red, and a few fancy whites, but not nearly enough cheap Soaves, and not nearly enough mid-range bottles of anything.
I know I said I was ignoring transfer rumors, but this is no longer a rumor. The Big Swede has left Italia to return no more.
And just when he'd gotten his hair squared away, too. Well, it's official. He has gone to Barcelona, which is already a stacked side and which doesn't really need him. Olof is gone too, to Greece, or something. Zlatan clearly did not consider Dirtbunny's feelings when he made this decision, so as punishment, he's going to have to scrub down the showers in the dressing room after training and after matches until further notice. And if he doesn't do a good job, he gets to be the towel boy too. The only good news is that American broadcasters are passionately in love with Barca and broadcast everyone of their games, so I'll be able to get my Zlatan fix every week. And it's not like I ever could like Inter anyway.
I know it's not Lunedi, but we haven't seen Loooca in a while. Here he is, thinking hard (plz note the tongue) while preparing to be utterly ineffectual in the Azzurri kit. May his lengthy slump soon be over, forever and ever, amen.

And may he please get a haircut.

No comments: