Monday, March 26, 2012

Phone rant

In the olden days, we had a voice mail system.  If you were at your phone, you could access your voice mail.  If you were not at your phone, you could call your own phone number and get into your voicemail by dialing *.

Now we have a computerized system.  Supposedly, your computer notifies you that you have a message and you can just click on it and listen through the computer.  Not.  At least not for me, as mine doesn't appear to be connected to my sound.  If I am not at my phone and I want to listen to my voice mail, I need access to my work email or I'm SOL.  The system emails me a voice message that I can't listen to, BUT I can email it to myself and listen to it from me personal email account through my personal hardware.  Then I can just click on the damn thing and listen to it.

It took me 45 minutes to discovery this through trial and error.

We have an intranet where we can share useful information like How to Work Your Phone. I searched and searched for anything remotely resembling "So you don't know how to work your stinkin' phone,"  but no.  If it's there, it's not findable.

Your tax dollars at work.

P.S., I'm still providing my own pens.  And pencils.  And erasers.

No comments: