Friday, May 14, 2010

"Help" in the midfield

It's time for another call-up.

I'm going to be completely honest. This one is based entirely on sentiment. He's got a few international call-ups from rather long ago, and he does play for a Serie A team, so he's pretty good, after all. But he's not particularly big, or particularly fast, or particularly anything. On his good days, he works hard for the team side and provides good service and might even score a goal. On his bad days, he works really hard for the team side and spends a lot of time on his back. He's not handsome by any means, but he's sorta cute in kind of a cuddly way. I wouldn't use him in the starting eleven unless I had a lot of injuries to deal with, and I do (grrr), but he's a decent utility player except for those days on which he sucks out in the wings, maybe a bit of a scrub, and, you know, A for effort. Plus, he's fairly seriously injured and out of contract, so if I don't do it now, I may not get another chance.

 


I'm sorry, OK, and I don't know whether he's grooming his unbrow or opening his nasal passages, but either way, he desperately needs my help



Mario Alberto Santana, Viola centrocampista and Argie NT veteran. At the beginning of the season, if I noticed him at all, he inspired nothing but eyerolls in me. But now, after months of relentless beatings cheerleading from his biggest fan you know who you are, I find I have succumbed to his special charms. NOTE: This form of manipulation will not work on me with Drogba, Van Bommel, Cristiano Ronaldo, Dida, Victor Valdes, Walter Samuel, Thiago Mendes, Dida, Tim Borofsky, John Terry, Dida, or anyone else in that category even if I can't remember their names right now Dani Alves and even if I have not yet determined Stephan Lichsteiner that they belong Landon Donovan in that category Argen Robben. Don't even try.





this post powered by organic granola bars and wondering whether I should get up and take a shower

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No one would want to try convincing you with that Murderers' Row of Asshattery that you listed at the end. Also, Mr. Santana is only mildly more useless than Montolivo when his eyes go even more vacant than usual and he forgets to play. So, go Keeper of the Pitch!

PS If Santana gives up football and is looking for an occupation where he "works really hard for the side and spends a lot of time on his back," what occupation might he fill? Hmmmmmmmmmm......