Saturday, March 19, 2011

Yarn Post

It has been a busy day.  I got rid of the dead chrysanthemums, I either prepped or trashed everything in the vegetable bin, and I did the taxes.  The only thing left on my weekend to-do list, aside from making dinner tonight, is pestering Mr. D to verify the taxes so we can e-file them and be done with it.  I've got this one leetle post to finish, and then I can knit, watch football, knit while watching football, or nap, whatever my heart desires.

I've finished a few things, and that has given me the urge to start some new things, but aside from the Cable Love Cardi, I've decided not to cast anything else on this month.  Having a startitis festival once a quarter is enough, but when April 17 gets here, watch out!

So, the finished things.





Socks for Mr. D from Claudia Handpainted in "Frog Kiss," which he chosen for himself out of the stash.




A Bud Collins sweater in purple and white that took forever to get going but then finished in a breeze.  I hope that if this is something that might be appropriate for the school auction, Mel will let me know.



The Porpoise cardi with its blue glass buttons, photographed in the sunshine yesterday.  The sunshine is every bit as beautiful today, but it must be 15 degrees cooler today.  *looks it up*  Nope.  Nearly 20.  I love this yarn.  It knits up soft and cuddly and it doesn't itch!   If they ever come up with more colors from the cool side of the spectrum,  I'm buying more.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Such Pretty colors-- even the gray looks great. A lot of hours go into all those cables. And I have sock envy.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I will let you know as soon as I hear from the auction committee! Thanks!

giorginachkebia said...

hello! really nice socks (really)...

can you get some pictures from juventus-torino charity match played on 23-d of march? thanks!..