Saturday, March 29, 2008

Where it all happens

This is Dirtbunny's office. This is where she makes all the money that is required to keep The Boys in kibble and medical tests. This view is from the door looking in.



Bunny's office is small, even compared to some of the other offices, but it is nice, and it has a great view. Out the window there and across the street is the National Geographic building. The building is terraced and has plantings along the terraces, and a courtyard with trees and sculpture. For a city view in Our Nation's Capital, there is actually something to look at. Not an alley, a real view.

One of the guys/gals over at "The Geo" has a row of Emmy awards sitting on his/her windowsill. Bunny does not have a row of Emmys. That person gets Emmys when he does his job well. Not so much for Bunny.

Bunny has put a sun catcher in the window. Also, her peace lily is there. The peace lily used to live at home until Kirby started to nibble on it. Lilies are bad for dogs. Whether that includes peace lilies as well, I don't know. I'm not taking chances. So the peace lily came with me to work. There is an empty Diet Pepsi bottle next to it. I know someone who has an extensive collection of empty soda bottles in the office, along with a great many other objects that most of the rest of us would consider to be trash. I'm pointing out my single Diet Pepsi bottle just to let you know that I use it to collect water for the peace lily, every Friday afternoon, and not because I keep garbage in my office.

That big orange box on the left is censoring something that you don't need to know about. I'm too ashamed to tell you what it is today.

Bunny has an ordinary office chair. A few years ago, we had a big pile of end-of-year funds to spend and lots of people got fancy new chairs. They put models in the break room for people to try out. The problem was, all the chairs had names like "Freedom" and "Liberty." God knows which government contractor manufactured those things. What appalling names. I could not bring myself to choose, so I did not get a fancy new ergonomic chair. In retrospect, that might have been a mistake. At the time though, I just couldn't. Who names chairs things like "Freedom," "Liberty," and "Patriot"? It was a philosophical choice and I stand by it. But it would have been nice to get a new chair.

No comments: