Monday, June 14, 2010

WC2010: Day Four

1. I lost my effing chapstick, but then I found it again.

2. I think I'm actually going to finish the laundry in one day, for once.

3. It's amazing how much work you can get done when you force yourself to avoid the toob and the interwebs.

4. If Mr. D really loved me, he would not be in the office today, and I would not have to wait until he got home to see what the Azzurri have done. Instead, he goes off to do his VERY IMPORTANT UNCLE SAM STUFF *blows raspberry* and leaves me here alone with my unchanneled energy.

5. I chose the Gio jersey because it was the least ugly, and because he's going to need extra karma to play out of position as left back, if that's actually going to happen. It was not itchy.

6. My awesome landscape guy, he who designed the 1.8 billion dollar landscaping, used all the advantages of his 1.93 frame to reach high up into the Hornbeam trees and pluck a leaf with a feasting little beastie still on it. Next step: off to the lab to figure out what poison will kill it the deadest.

7. I can't watch the Oranje either, and it's probably OK for me to watch Japan-Cameroon, but they will undoubtedly blab scores from the Oranje, and that would ruin it.

8. Also, I am on a footie embargo on the web too, which means pretty much all of my favorite places are forbidden unless I want to spoil the surprise. Even stuff from yesterday because sometimes things slip into the comments.

9. I have a massage later, but I don't see how I'm going to be able to relax and enjoy it.

10. Here be the RIDICULOUSLY CUTE BEAGLE PICTURE OF THE DAY:


one them snores much more, and more loudly, than the other


almost the same, but one of them is channeling Sergi Busquets



You'd never know that the one on the left has left my house smelling like the contents of his bladder. Srsly. Now that it's getting hot, it's a problem. Guess I gotta get the carpets and upholstery cleaned.....



this post powered by sweet, sweet anticipation and unexpected productivity

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No embargoes on WC watching are requested or required. Just don't tell me the results, is all I ask. Chapstick, laundry, government work, oh my! The wonder-working powers of the World Cup will never cease.....

PS You needed to make Kirby's Z's bigger. Much bigger!