Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rainy Day

No sun today, so no baked beagle brains. Instead, YB watched the leaves fall.




There is good news and bad news about the Economy Plan. The good news is I have used up another trial-sized face potion, several obscure pantry items, and a handful of Things in the Freezer That Must Be Gotten Rid Of. The bad news is that I suddenly can’t tolerate several face potions that used to be no problem. I’m growing a nice, itchy, flaky rash on my forehead. I’m not sure if I have a new sensitivity to one thing, or whether it’s a sensitivity to the combination of potions. Either way, it’s a problem, because it means discontinuing the use of whatever the trigger is, and we can’t just stop, because that would be wasteful.

Also, I finished the dog sweater, which is great. The dog sweater yarn has been sitting in the stash for about a year. The problem is I used up one whole skein and parts of four other skeins, but I still have SEVEN skeins left,

...because I was math-impaired on the day I ordered this yarn online. I could easily make two additional dog sweaters and still have four skeins left. This knowledge (that I have seven leftover skeins) is far more stress-inducing than the idea that I had unused yarn in the stash that was intended for something, because now I have leftovers with no plan at all. Oh, and most of it is off-white, which is not a good color for Man mittens or socks, and there isn’t enough left for an adult-sized sweater. Every time I add leftovers to the leftover pile, I freak out a little bit. What exactly is one supposed to do with enough sock yarn to make half a sock? I can’t throw it away, obviously. Maybe I can burn it for fuel or use it to insulate the attic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, fuel........