Monday, October 22, 2007

Sunday Morning

I do so love lounging in bed on Sundays with the newspaper and The Man and The Boys. It gets all snuggly under the covers and sometimes there is either (1) news or (2) something interesting to read in the newspaper, but not usually. Coffee tastes even better when you don't have to get out of bed to get it.

The Boys have different Sunday morning bed styles. This is GK:


He also likes to be all snuggly under the covers and will not get out until forcibly removed. So far, his bladder has lasted as late as 10:30 without incident, although we aren't really conducting a test. I think he'd stay under the covers until his bladder exploded.

This is YB:


He has been asleep all night and wants your attention. He will stab you with The Paw Of Demand to get it. He will put his nose under/around the edge of the paper to get at you. He has even been known to bat at the paper with The Paw of Demand. This continues until he gets off the bed and starts to wander around. This means that The Man has about 90 seconds to get YB outside before he makes a puddle. Ordinarily, The Man works on retrieving his pants and shoes while Dirtbunny follows YB around putting his collar on him so he can go out and distracting him from the leg of the coffee table. If it takes too long, GK will get out of bed to look for Bunny.

Most days, Bunny gets back in bed while YB waters the plants. When he's done, he can't wait to see Bunny again. I can usually hear him run up the driveway towards the house and then gallop down the hall to get to me. I better put my coffee mug down or it'll spill when he tries to tackle me.

On weekdays, I try to have about 15 minutes of cuddle time before I get up and get ready for work, but lately, it's been dark in the mornings and nobody wants to get up for snuggles. Me neither, but I have a 1.8 billion dollar deck to pay for

No comments: