Sunday, February 17, 2008

Weather

So this is why I had to cancel my massage and also a doctor appointment:



We have quite a steep slope down to the street, so when there's ice, I'm trapped in the house, because I am afraid I'll fall and hurt my back. It was pretty for a while, and now it's gone. I'm starting to despair of getting any real, work-cancelling snow this year.

Yesterday was warm and sunny, just perfect for marinating the Tiki juice that is soaked into the sunroom rug and creating a lovely ammonia odor, perhaps what one might smell on the surface of Venus, if one's nostrils weren't burned up by the heat and acid. So we cleaned the rug. Yes, we clean up after every accident, but this time we did the super-duper move the table and deodorize underneath it job. And it worked and the room smelled normal and we enjoyed the sunny afternoon:



And then Kirby saw something scary and had to leave the room. What did he see? This:



A reflection on the ceiling. SCARY! I kept telling him that it wouldn't bother him if he would just stop looking to see if it was still there, but he wouldn't listen. Silly boy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He only pretends not to know English, damn it!