Wednesday, October 19, 2011

*sniffle*

So a Springsteen song just came up in the IPOD rotation and I got all teary.  A lot of people think that ADP resembles Springsteen.  I don't see it, but I've heard it so many times that now I associate Springsteen with ADP every time I hear one of his songs.  I'm still very upset.  Very upset.  I feel like I need to go online and buy one of every ADP jersey that's available to buy.  Reacting to adversity by shopping.  And they say that my left-wing views and inside-the-beltway address mean I'm not a real American.

Unrelated to ADP, sometimes I'm struck by how mature and dare I say deep Springsteen's early lyrics are.  He was in his early 20s and barely begun to live.  What can someone like that possibly know about feeling trapped, the desperation to live as one's authentic self, or um.... llluuuuuuuuussssssssssssssst?  Fortunately, most popular music contains properly vapid and shallow lyrics so my mind isn't blown too often.

No comments: