Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dirtbunny's Cold, Day 18

In Bunny's family, you aren't really sick unless you have a fever of more than 103 or some sort of major organ failure. I guess that means I'm not really sick. Bunny's doctor disagrees. My cold has now settled into the bronchial tubes and turned into a full-blown bronchial infection. I have new cough syrup that is especially helpful for sleeping about 17 hours a day, and I have an inhaler, and I have stopped pretending that everything is just fine.

This weekend, Bunny's brother Aaron the super genius was in town and in order to trick him into thinking that Bunny is not the wuss that she is, we went for a nice hike with The Boys. I had a wonderful time until I forgot how to walk, at which point I fell down, and the delightful outing came to an abrupt end. I thought I was well enough to spend a little time exerting myself. I was wrong.

The scrapes and bruises from the fall are healing nicely and don't even hurt very much any more. But the cold was not helped by the fresh air and exercise. I shoulda stood in bed.

No comments: