Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Whine

Dirtbunny is sick. I have a cold. Last night we were at the throat-is-so-sore-can't-fall-asleep-so-it-really-doesn't-matter-that-Kirby-is-hogging-the-bed-and-kicking-me-in-the-boobs-constantly stage. Now I am at the nose-is-raw-from-all-the-blowing stage. I have taken to my bed. Fortunately for me, our cable reception was bad enough to interfere with football, so we moved the TV into the bedroom (where the reception is better) last week until the cable company can be bothered to get out here and re-run the cable (that they installed badly about four years ago). That means I have about three hundred channels and a stack of DVR recordings to watch. Guess what? There's nothing on, which really isn't much of a surprise. The Boys are competing for Most Snuggly Beagle. Kirby won by determinedly muscling Tiki out of position. Nobody comes between Kirby and his Dirtbunny. Tiki growled for a while, and now has stalked off to sulk in his dog bed. There's enough room and love for two beagles, but Tiki doesn't see things that way. The wireless connection works back here, so I think I'm going to watch some Netflix on Demand if I can find something that meets the following criteria: entertaining, decent sound (because they don't offer captions and I rely heavily on captions), not very challenging, and not likely to interfere with my secret project knitting (i.e., can watch and count at the same time). That last one might be tough. I'm not sure about counting in any fashion today. If it turns out I can't count (oooooh. THAT was an interesting typo!) then I'll switch to a non-counting something.

By the way. The Bean is here as of Sunday morning. I can't wait to get over my leetle virus so I can go meet her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whine, whine, whine; I haven't been sober for two weeks watching my retirement savings disappear into the bottomless pit of real estate greed, fraudulent appraisals and takeout refinancing. I should have left all my money in pork bellies and orange juice (although OJ didn't do too well this week, at least then we would have sustenance.

The most effective treatment for a sore throat, although not FDA approved, is the continual sipping of either anisette or creme de menthe. After an hout you can't feel athing and you sleep well.