Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dirtbunny's Cold, Day 21

The Man is going off to visit his people this weekend, so it's just me and The Boys and my bronchitis. I have asked Yarn Bandit very nicely to let me know when he has to go so I can take him outside. I'm not going to try to do very much. Maybe a little laundry if I can manage the stairs without coughing until my lungs turn inside out. Maybe I'll make soup (five minutes of chopping followed by occasional stirring). Maybe I'll finish The Man's red sweater, or his self-striping socks, or maybe I'll work on the secret project. Maybe I'll just go back to bed. I haven't decided yet. The heat is set at 72 degrees in here, so I know I have to reprogram the thermostat but, aside from that and taking the dogs into the yard from time to time, I don't HAVE to do anything.

We all know I'm not good with leisure time and I'm not good at taking care of myself when I'm sick, and I'm especially not good at these things when stuff is piling up (lots of laundry, balance the checkbook, lots of cooking and baking I could do but don't have to do). We'll just have to see how things work out.

No comments: