Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dirtbunny's Cold, Day 8

I am still sick. I'm a lot better than I was, but I'm not exactly well yet. I was going to sit outside to enjoy the outdoors for a little while, but something happened and now I can't.

  1. It's a little chilly right now.
  2. Kirby found a dead bird in the yard and tried to eat it.

Dead creatures in the yard are always, ALWAYS upsetting. I usually shriek for The Man to come handle it and try really hard not to throw up. The Man, of course, always disposes of the corpse with dispatch and aplomb and without making any remarks about gender roles or feminism, because he is a good guy.

This time, however, my BFF Kirby had the vile thing in his mouth. IN HIS MOUTH. I am disgusted and appalled. He is unclean, and I am not sure what sort of ritual cleansing he needs for me to get over this, because a bath would only take care of the outside. Can I wash his mouth out with soap? That doesn't seem humane. And yet I am thoroughly and completely grossed out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What can I say, I'm sensitive pony-tail guy, except with not enough hair for that (sigh!). Re Kirby's physical and psychic uncleanliness, I propose invoking Native American nature gods of our corner of Virginia to cast off him the taint of the bird and to restore him to his accustomed spiritual and bodily purity (well, except for his farts, which are pretty foul). Four words: incense and ritual chant!