Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mac says Hello

*takes a deep breath and clicks*



Hooray!  That photo is remarkable for two reasons.  First, the knitting is beautiful.  That is the Purple Bud Collins sweater in progress.  I decided to seam the front and back and knit the neckband because I'm running really low on this yarn.  I thought it I left the sleeves for last, I'd know whether I needed ore yarn by the time I finished the first sleeve.



Second, that photo is the first one I was able to successfully import, upload, and post onto my new laptop, Mac.  (Guess what type he is.)  I got him from Mr. D for Christmas and I finally got him out of the box and into the Apple Store for a setup this week.  All my stuff is copied here, somewhere, and I'm at the point of figuring out what I need to replace.  Quicken needs Windows, for example, so I'm going to have to find something else.  My camera works and all my photos are there, just not organized the way I would have done it.  My bookmarks are all there, somewhere.  My emails are all there, somewhere.  I'm hoping my Word documents are there, somewhere, but I haven't had occasion to look.

Once I get my stuff situated and replace what I need to replace, this is all going to go very smoothly.  I may even disconnect the mouse and force myself to learn how to use the tracking pad (but not today).

Let's return to the Birthday Yarn Binge and case of startitis.  I'm pretty sure there was more than I hadn't shown you yet.



This is worsted weight yarn.  I like the colorway a lot, but I have no idea what to do with it, which is probably a blessing since I have more than enough on my plate anyway.

Mac does not have a backspace, but the delete key works like a backspace.  There is no forward-deleting key, so I have to unlearn 20 something years of muscle memory.  It'll come, but grrrr.


This is for a sweater--I  think this one.  OK.  Cannot paste a link into the dialog box, but we're moving on.


That white stuff is also more sweater yarn.  I'm sure I wrote down somewhere what pattern goes with what yarn.  Of course I did.


And that is a fair isle dog sweater.  I know, but I bought the yarn five years ago when we first adopted Kirby and that's what the yarn was for, so I am required by The Laws of Dirtbunny to execute the original plan.

BTW, this week, my boss said I was "compulsive" about getting the work done.  I'm sure she meant it as a compliment, but I'm not sure I like it.  All I do is work hard and do a good job, and I don't think you have to be mentally ill to produce at the quality and quantity that I do.  Sheesh.


The blue stuff is another dog sweater--and that is the last of the dog sweaters--and the purple stuff is going to be lace mitts.  I printed off the pattern and put it in a drawer, so I am legally required to stick to the plan.


Last but not least, here is a pile of Farm Yarn squares.  I have four or five now.  I need 30 to do a blanket.  I have, however, learned something very important about myself.  Most knitters either prefer charts or text when knitting in pattern.  I thought I was a text girl, but this book is all text and no charts.   I hate it.  It turns out that I'm a chart girl.

I have a very important football match to watch so off I go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love that purple sweater. So you're working with MAC now. Is that a step forward?