Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Photo Dump and FCDB mercato results part one

Uhhhhh, I got a little startitis on my birthday and cast on a crapload of new projects, mostly from old yarn.  Now I have little piles of stuff all over and I feel like things have gotten a little out of control.  And I'm way out of date on my reporting.  Let's do a little at a time, and let's start with finished stuff.


Remember this?  I made that with two strands of Rowan Yorkshire Tweed--one dark grey and one light grey.  That led to this:  a pile of leftover yarn.  Ye Olde Yarne.   Even when enhanced by Kirby....


......It haunted me.  I tried to use it up.  I made mittens, I made socks, I made another pair of mittens.  I still had three balls of dark grey left.  I also had a stack of patterns for mitts from Knitty.com.  The patterns all wanted worsted weight and the Yorkshire Tweed is sport weight and then I remembered that if I knit with two strands, I get worsted weight.  That was all I needed to hear.  I took one ball and divided by half and joined each half to one of the whole balls and LO! I now had two balls that could combine into one skein of worsted weight yarn.  But was it enough?  I went back to the scale, weighed one of the balls, calculated the yardage and......YES!  It was enough.  So I made these:


And now the offending grey yarn is gone.  Totally and completely gone.

And now my power is cycling on and off, so I'm going to just post this as is and finished later.  Cheers!

1 comment:

Martha said...

I don't know what those things are called but they're lovely, and I cannot believe you put cables in things you're doing just to use up yarn.

*bows before your mad knitting skillz*