Wednesday, July 2, 2008

It lives in the bushes.

Dear The Man:


Remember how I've been trying to get you to notice the bird in our yew bush but you can never see him? Here he is:



Pretty cool, eh? That is a juvenile robin. I know this because "robin" is one of the birds I recognize:

  • robin
  • blue jay
  • cardinal
  • owl
  • flamingo
  • chicken
  • duck
  • Canadian Goose (aka around here as Dookie Makers)
  • ostrich
  • turkey

This one has red on him, so that makes him a robin. But he's still a baby. You can see his weird little baby feathers molting off his head, and his red hasn't completely filled in. Also, his mommy keeps coming by with food to stuff down his gaping maw.

It's been a good show. Sorry you missed it.




Perhaps my nephew Henry, who thinks
  1. Aunt Dirtbunny is stupid, and
  2. knitting is stupid

...will enlighten me with a more complete list of birds. I might be missing a few.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot Tweety Bird. Duh!

Dirtbunny said...

I forgot Roadrunner too. And Big Bird.

Anonymous said...

Dear Aunt Dirtbunny,

Hereare some more birds that I know: Yellow whipper, weaver bird.

I do like to knit. My Nanny has been teaching me. The old man from the south has sent you a picture of me knitting.

Love,

Henry